Controller, Shediac NB
Our client is a fast-growing company in the Shediac area that is looking for a skilled Controller with the skills to oversee the monthly accounting for multiple business units. They are seeking a CPA with proven experience advising CEO, CFO and working within strong financial teams. Reporting to the Director of
Finance, the individual will provide oversight on projects, support, implement and facilitate the company’s policies and processes working with the company’s business units. The Controller will be tasked with analyzing, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements across the finance landscape of
the business in order to ensure integrity.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Production of monthly financial reports and oversee cash flow across the multiple business units;
• Generate monthly consolidated financial reporting that is timely, accurate, and usable by the business in assessing its financial position;
• Work closely with senior management to prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements;
• Review and analyze balance sheet accounts;
• Evaluate monthly statements and generate financial statements to complete the monthly reporting package;
• Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet adjustments and tax reconciliations;
• Preparation of annual audit packages, successfully liaising with auditors;
• Assist in Preparing annual property forecasts, budgets, operational and capital budgets;
• Provide financial advice and accounting support to senior management;
• Calculate, verify, and submit HST returns.
• CPA designation (CGA, CA, CMA) PLUS 3+ years of subsequent experience in a significant financial role demonstrating progressive responsibilities;
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience;
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Experience and strong knowledge of SAGE accounting systems;
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite;
• Able to learn management software and database programs;
• A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is imperative for this role;
• Meticulous attention to detail and maintaining company standards;
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
• Bilingualism in English and French would be an asset.
Our client offers a great compensation package with a team environment. Please apply in confidence to our recruitment specialists at Careers@RnRsolution.com. We are accepting applications until May 7th, 2021 for this incredible career opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this role.